Skip to main content

Gas leak prompts school closure

December 17, 2011

Lakeview Headstart gas leak repaired

Lakeview Headstart, located at 1107 N.W. Seventh, had to shut their doors early Thursday.
Throughout the day, there had been a faint gas odor and for safety concerns Site Director Dominga Shockley decided it was in the best interest to go ahead and send students home for the day until the problem could be found and repaired.
According to Shockley, the problem was fixed by 5 p.m. Thursday. Classes went on as usual Friday, with an early release scheduled for the holiday break.
Classes at Lakeview Headstart will resume Jan. 2, 2012.

Contact Staff Writer Amanda Moreno at 263-7331 ext. 234 or by e-mail at life@bigspringherald.com

The Big Spring High School Steers' second-round playoff game with the Clint Lions has been...
With just over 10 minutes left in regulation and his team holding a shaky two-point lead at 45-43...
The Howard College Hawks are 40 minutes away from hanging another banner from the rafters of the...
New Listings!! 7 Highland Heather 1507 Runnels 103 Washington Blvd.
The most common New Year Resolution is to lose weight and get fit. Fitness and nutrition expert John Basedow offers his...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes