Skip to main content

Gas leak prompts school closure

December 17, 2011

Lakeview Headstart gas leak repaired

Lakeview Headstart, located at 1107 N.W. Seventh, had to shut their doors early Thursday.
Throughout the day, there had been a faint gas odor and for safety concerns Site Director Dominga Shockley decided it was in the best interest to go ahead and send students home for the day until the problem could be found and repaired.
According to Shockley, the problem was fixed by 5 p.m. Thursday. Classes went on as usual Friday, with an early release scheduled for the holiday break.
Classes at Lakeview Headstart will resume Jan. 2, 2012.

Contact Staff Writer Amanda Moreno at 263-7331 ext. 234 or by e-mail at life@bigspringherald.com

The SouthWest Collegiate Institute for the Deaf Lady Rattlers will write a new page in Howard...
The Big Spring High School Lady Steers did exactly what they wanted at the Granbury Classic on...
For many years, the Coahoma and Forsan football teams did the unthinkable – they decided the “...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes