Skip to main content

Gas leak prompts school closure

December 17, 2011

Lakeview Headstart gas leak repaired

Lakeview Headstart, located at 1107 N.W. Seventh, had to shut their doors early Thursday.
Throughout the day, there had been a faint gas odor and for safety concerns Site Director Dominga Shockley decided it was in the best interest to go ahead and send students home for the day until the problem could be found and repaired.
According to Shockley, the problem was fixed by 5 p.m. Thursday. Classes went on as usual Friday, with an early release scheduled for the holiday break.
Classes at Lakeview Headstart will resume Jan. 2, 2012.

Contact Staff Writer Amanda Moreno at 263-7331 ext. 234 or by e-mail at life@bigspringherald.com

Make no mistake about it, the Big Spring High School boys’ and girls’ basketball teams will step...
Western Texas may have went into Monday’s matchup with the Howard College Hawks near the bottom of...
Friday’s showdown with the Sweetwater Lady Mustangs might not have been a work of art, but the Big...
New Listings!! 4501 Ratliff Rd. 19605 N. Hwy. 87-Ackerly 2511 Larry
The most common New Year Resolution is to lose weight and get fit. Fitness and nutrition expert John Basedow offers his...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes