Having trouble ‘getting along’? Dispute resolution might help

For residents locked into a dispute, they have an alternative to seek mediation services before heading to court at little or no cost.“There is another resource besides the courts to help resolve issues,” said Anastacia De Los Santos, community resolution representative for the Texas Dispute Resolution System in Howard County. “For the most part there are no fees for citizens requesting mediation unless they are referred to mediation through the courts. There are fees associated with family cases, CPS and divorce. Citizens can voluntarily request mediation for almost any type of dispute.”For more of this story, read Tuesday's edition of the Herald.