Skip to main content

House heavily damaged in fire

April 19, 2011

A volunteer hoses down a portion of a backyard near the intersection of Second Street and San Jacinto Monday afternoon after a structure fire spawned a number of grass fires in the area. Officials speculated the structure fire was caused by an electrical short circuit. (HERALD photo/Thomas Jenkins)

Firefighters with the Big Spring Fire Department and Howard County Volunteer Fire Department battled blazes around the intersection of Second Street and San Jacinto for much of Monday evening, as a structure fire ignited several grass fires in the area.

The structure fire, which was reported at approximately 5:30 p.m. at a home located behind the Big Spring Harley Davidson dealership, destroyed much of the home, including a shed and garage structure that housed several vehicles.

Firefighters on the scene speculated the blaze began due to a short circuit in electrical wiring.

For more information, you may subscribe to the Big Spring Herald or purchase an e-edition.

Comments

Thankfully, Howard, Marijo

April 20, 2011 by jwdelta (not verified), 3 years 19 weeks ago
Comment: 41

Thankfully, Howard, Marijo and Bruce Walker were unhurt in the fire that claimed so many possessions. Through their Harley-Davidson shop — the oldest in the state of Texas — they have helped raise many thousands of dollars for groups and individuals over the years and now, it's time for Big Spring, Howard County and West Texas to give back to these who have unselfishly helped so many others.

SAN ANGELO – The Big Spring High School Steers made sure the large crowd on hand at San Angelo...
Football season in the Crossroads region will get off to an official start tonight with a gem at...
Coach Derrick Jackson looked out at the court at the SouthWest Collegiate Institute for the Deaf...
New Listings 2403 Carleton 507 South Ave. - Coahoma 1310 Runnels

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes