Skip to main content

Remains appear to be elderly male

March 30, 2012

According to officials with the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office in Fort Worth, the human remains found March 20 on the McMahon-Wrinkle Airpark belong to an elderly man.

Linda Anderson, public information officer for the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office, said this week the remains appear to belong to a fully-clothed, elderly man, according to a story released this week by

In the interview, Anderson said the age of the body has not yet been established and a positive identification of the corpse may not come for some time — if at all — due to the condition of the remains, which were discovered in an area of the airpark near the 2500 block of Apron Drive, south of the Hangar 25 Air Museum.

Anderson also said no other items were found on the remains.

According to Sgt. Tony Everett, public information officer with the BSPD, the lead law enforcement agency in the investigation, the information released by Anderson hasn't yet been submitted to the police department.

“We were made aware this week of the information released by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office online, but at this time we haven't received any of that in a report,” Everett said. “Therefore, I really can't comment as to the validity of it. All I can tell you at this point is we have calls in to their office to try to confirm these comments as to the remains being fully clothed and from an elderly man, but we haven't yet heard back from them.”

The remains were recovered from the scene last week by an evidence recovery team from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Dallas office, according to investigators, and then shipped to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office for autopsy.

Within hours of arriving in Fort Worth, investigators were able to determine the remains belonged to a male subject, a determination Everett said is normally fairly easy to make if the pelvic bones are still intact.
“The differences between the male and female pelvic bones is very pronounced,” Everett said. “Once the remains were delivered to the medical examiner's office, determining the gender came rather quickly.”

Unfortunately, the remaining questions in the case — especially the identity of the unknown subject and how they may have died — will be much harder to answer, according to Everett.

“It could be three or four weeks, or it could be two or three months. There's really no way to know how long it will take to get results back at this point,” Everett said. “There are DNA tests that have to be completed, records searched and there are no guarantees the answers are going to be there. All we can do right now is wait for the remaining reports.”

Are you ready for some football? High school football, that is? After weeks of practices and...
The varsity squad lost in straight sets to the Lady Tigers. For detailed recap of the game, pick up...
Texas kicker nails an 80-yard field goal
Just in time for Easter, try out these 12 easy and fun crafts with your kids. From bunny ears to almond wreaths, it's...
NEW LISTINGS 901 Runnels 2606 E.24th 2602 Coronado


Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes