- Special Sections
- Top Homes
Officials at the local VA Medical Center are keeping a watchful eye on patients after âunacceptableâ levels of harmful bacteria were detected at the hospital.
The presence of âlegionellaâ bacteria, which is the cause of a type of pneumonia, was detected in some of the underutilized faucets within the medical center during recent environmental testing, Community Relations Director Iva Jo Hanslik said in a news release.
For more information, read Sunday's edition of the Herald.