The Big Spring Police Department reported the following activity between 7 a.m. Wednesday and 7 a.m. today:
• LAWRENCE EUGENE HARRISON, 35, of 3304 W. Highway 80 Apt. 44, was arrested Wednesday on charges of driving while license suspended/invalid with a previous conviction, possession of marijuana – two ounces or less and failure to maintain financial responsibility.
• GERALD RAY KING, 31, of 2911 W. Highway 80 Apt. 145, was arrested Wednesday on a charge of public intoxication.
• BURGLARY OF A VEHICLE was reported in the 1300 block of Park.
• THEFT was reported in the 900 block of Willia.
The Howard County Sheriff’s Office reported the following activity:
Note — Officials with the Howard County Jail reported having 70 inmates at the time of this report.
• SHAY LYNETTE DAVID, 25, was arrested Wednesday by the HCSO on a Louisiana warrant for theft of 60 hydrocodone tablets – fugitive.
• BENIGNO DELAROSA JR., 41, was arrested Wednesday on a Howard County judgment/sentence for possession of marijuana – more than 50 pounds and less than 2,000 pounds.
• WESLEY JAMES SHOUP, 43, was arrested Wednesday by the Howard County Attorney's office on a charge of intoxicated assault with a vehicle causing serious bodily injury.
• LAWRENCE EUGENE HARRISON, 35, was transferred to the county jail Wednesday by the BSPD on charges of failure to maintain financial responsibility, driving while license invalid with a previous conviction or suspension and possession of marijuana – two ounces or less.
• GERALD RAY KING, 31, was transferred to the county jail Thursday by the BSPD on a charge of public intoxication.
Note: A vehicle/pedestrian accident was reported in the Sand Springs area on Interstate Highway 20 Wednesday afternoon, according to unconfirmed reports. The victim, who hasn't yet been identified, was airlifted from the scene by Air Evac and taken to an unknown hospital. The Herald is currently investigating the report.