It has been slow going in the first few days of filing for area school board races.
Three candidates — all incumbents — have filed applications with their respective school districts as of Monday afternoon, school district officials reported.
Candidate filings began Wednesday and continue through March 1, officials said.
At Forsan ISD, Chris Evans has filed for re-election, while incumbents Daniel Ramos and Darren Patrick will seek another term on the Stanton ISD board.
Area school districts holding elections this may include (terms are for three years unless otherwise noted):
• Big Spring ISD — Three single-member district seats are up for election this year — District 5, currently held by Chad Wash; District 6, currently held by Jeff Brorman and District 7, in which Phil Fuqueron is the incumbent.
Application can be obtained at the BSISD business office during normal business hours Monday through Friday.
• Coahoma ISD — Two at-large seats — currently held by Michael Brooks and Craig Ferguson — will be decided. Applicants can file their candidacies at the CISD administration office Mondays through Fridays up until the deadline.
• Forsan ISD — Two at-large seats (held by Tom Bill Kuykendall and Evans) are up for election. Applications can be obtained at the superintendent's office.
• Stanton ISD — Two single-member seats will be decided — District 1, in which Ramos is the incumbent, and District 5, currently held by Patrick. Prospective candidates can pick up applications at the superintendent's office during normal business hours.
• Sands CISD — At-large seats held by Michelle Zant and Jody Howard will be decided. Also, a special election will be held to fill the remaining two years of the at-large seat which was held by Bill Barnes before his recent resignation. Applications can be obtained at the district's business office.