A Martin County grand jury handed down seven indictments during its Friday meeting.
Hardy Wilkerson, district attorney for the 118th District Court, presented the grand jury a number of cases. The jury true-billed more than a half-dozen, including:
• Dave L. Cape, 50, of Stanton (post office box only), intoxication assault with a vehicle (third-degree felony).
• Gavino Cortez Jr., 25, of 806 S. Houston in Lamesa, Texas, possession of a controlled substance (state jail felony).
• Efrain Franco Jr., 34, of 1802 Robinson Rd. (apt. 149) in Grand Prairie, Texas, evading arrest (third-degree felony).
• James Christopher Graham, 40, of 234 PRC 2240 in Stanton, Texas, assault of a family or household member by impeding breathing or circulation (third-degree felony).
• Eric Ray Perez, 26, currently in the custody of the Midland County Jail, attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against a public servant (second-degree felony).
• Allison Redding, 41, of 1314 Mt. Vernon, forgery (third-degree felony, enhanced).
• Juan Antonio Rodriguez, 25, of411 W. Third St. in Stanton, Texas, driving while intoxicated with a child passenger (state jail felony).