COAHOMA — Football, pageantry and dress-up days at school — it must be homecoming week.
Coahoma High School became the first Howard County school system to celebrate homecoming, which culminates tonight with the crowning of the homecoming queen.
Five senior girls will vie for the honor. They are:
• Kyla Clinton, daughter of Randy and Tricia Clinton.
• Savannah Neff, daughter of Cindy and Clay Smith and David Neff.
• Breann Castillo, daughter of Raul and Cheryl Castillo.
• Sarah Melendez, daughter of Isidro and Teresa Melendez.
• Shayla Martin, daughter of Danny and Kim Martin.
The queen will be crowned during halftime ceremonies of tonight's football game between Coahoma and Coleman, set to begin at 7:30 p.m.
Prior to the game, the football sweetheart and hero will be named.
After the game, the annual homecoming dance will be held until midnight at the elementary school cafeteria.