Pokemon player fails to see snake in park and gets bit

By: 
Associated Press
Staff Writer

FLOWER MOUND, Texas (AP) — An 18-year-old North Texas man engrossed in playing the addictive "Pokemon GO" game on his smartphone in a park wound up in a hospital after he failed to see a venomous snake, stepped on it snake and got bit.

Lane Smith told authorities in Flower Mound he was playing the game Tuesday with a friend who apparently noticed the snake — believed a copperhead — but too late to warn him. Smith, who was wearing flip-flops, says he thought he stepped on a stick — until it bit him on his big right toe.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports (http://bit.ly/29Kw1ti ) Smith's mother took him to an emergency center, and he then was transferred by ambulance to a hospital.

He was released Wednesday afternoon.

Category: